GLAMORSTYLING

Saturday, February 22, 2014

“I am the reason everybody is getting paid today''-Eedris Abdulkareem


Nigeria Rapper, Eedris Abdulkareem use to be Nigeria No 1 artiste until his much talked about fight with America’s 50 Cent during the Star Mega Jamz concert.

The once upon a time Olympic torch bearer has claimed that he did not regret his action even if he is not an A-list artiste anymore, He told Saturday Beats recently that he doesn’t regret the fight, claiming it was what revolutionize the music industry in Nigeria today.

“I am the reason everybody is getting paid today. I am the reason everybody is doing great videos. If I didn’t fight then, everybody would have been treated like dirt.”
But when Saturday Beats reminded him how he eventually apologized to 50Cents some time ago, Eedris said, “I am an Olympic torch bearer. I have made my point. We got to move on with life. That is what makes me different.”

Despite the emergence of new artiste in Nigeria, Eedris still feels he is irreplaceable. He said ''My vacancy is still there. Nobody is singing my kind of songs. They are scared. They cannot wear my shoe because it is painful. I will always be relevant whether anybody likes it or not. If what happened to me when  former President Obasanjo fought me because of my song, Nigeria Jagajaga, and the 50 Cent wahala, had happened to another musician, people would have forgotten about that person a long time ago. But I am here and I will always be here. It was God that put me there.

“Who among the new musicians is touching the lives of people? If you like, join illuminati, have a lot of women friends and talk about boobs and booty, it doesn’t make sense to me. What I want to do is to make a mark in people’s lives. I don’t care about the money they make.”

Probably because of his quest to make a mark or his genuine love for Nigeria, Eedris has come up with a project, which he called ‘I am Nigeria,’ aimed at making an impact in the society.

“It is conceptualized to help address the needs and aspirations of the Nigerian youths within and outside Nigeria. With this platform, we hope to challenge public officials and institutions that are performing below standards.

“When there are opportunities for employment and empowerment, we will through this platform push qualified members of ‘I Am Nigeria’ forward. We hope to raise a trust fund with which to help touch the lives of Nigerian youths and discourage them from being used as thugs, arsonists and assassins by politicians.”

No comments:

Post a Comment