Monday, November 11, 2013
7 Interesting Facts About Kissing
1. The insulting slang phrase “kiss my ass” dates back at least to the year 1705.
2. Lips are 100 times more sensitive than the fingertips. Even genitals don't possess as much sensitivity as lips.
3. Passionate kissing burns 6.4 calories per minute.
4. The mouth is full of bacteria. When two people kiss, they exchange between 10 million and 1 billion bacteria.
5. A medieval manuscript warns Japanese men against deep kissing during the female orgasm because a woman might accidentally bite off part of her lover’s tongue.
6. The Christian ritual kiss or “kiss of peace” was used during prayer, Eucharist, baptism, ordination, and in connection with greeting, funerals, monastic vows, and martyrdom.
7. Contraction of HIV through kissing is very unlikely. One woman was infected in 1997 she and the infected man both had gum disease. Transmission was likely through the man’s blood and not his saliva.
Posted by GlamourOGO at 6:08 AM