GLAMORSTYLING

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Drake on Chris Brown Feud: ‘I Get a Feeling It Could End Really Badly’

Drake is GQ's July cover boy (Mario Sorrenti/GQ) There's a quality unique to magazine profiles that lets a given subject address controversy while begging not to — which is certainly the case for rapper Drake, who scratches the surface of his beef with Chris Brown in a cover story for GQ.

“I don’t want my name to be synonymous with that guy’s name. I really don’t," Drake says of Brown, who is absolutely no stranger to conflict.

The two men were involved in a nightclub altercation last June in New York that saw bottles of alcohol fly across a VIP area, with broken glass injuring patrons including Brown and celeb pals in attendance like NBA star Tony Parker.

"It's embarrassing, the amount of media coverage. Two rappers fighting over the woman. He’s not even a rapper, but still, it’s the last way you want your name out there," he confesses.

That "woman" he's referring too would presumably be Rihanna, as initial reports from the incident said the beef stemmed from individual attachments the men each had to the pop star. Drake and Brown are involved in ongoing lawsuits stemming from the incident.


"If I think about it too much, I feel it wrapping around my foot, like I get a feeling it could end really badly," Drake tells the mag.

Drake pouts it up in GQ (Mario Sorrenti/GQ)That's not the most peacekeeping sentiment on the matter, but everyone is entitled to their feelings. Speaking of which, the 26-year-old does open up about his romantic life, or lack thereof, in the interview.


"I’ve made a lot of music about love being the only thing I’m missing," Drake observes. A recent meal with his movie star role model help put things in perspective.

"I had lunch with Will Smith, and listening to him talk, it made me think I don’t know what love is … He said love is when you become one and you need that person. It’s not about wanting anymore, you need that person. Hearing that, I don’t know if I’ve ever felt that way," Drake shares.

On Monday, he announced a 41-city North American tour. If he can't find love along the way, there's always Amanda Bynes.

No comments:

Post a Comment